Let me introduce you to Sandpiper, my finished cowl:
I began this on Sunday, and had it blocked and ready to wear on Friday morning. Not bad, but I certainly knit up a storm this past week. It turns out that you can knit simultaneously as learning and reciting lines to play. Christopher Marlowe’s Tamburlaine, in this case.
When I first took this off the blocking board, I was a little dismayed by the limp edges. To remedy this, I decided to sew a fold-over hem along the top of the cowl. I nearly did the same for the bottom, but I decided that it was probably unnecessary. I think I was overreacting, because now that I look at it, I love it to bits.
I wore it out today, since the weather was kind enough to return to below freezing. At least I’ll be getting a decent amount of wear in this before it gets warm.
The pattern: Sandpiper
The yarn: St Denis Nordique – 5816; 5820; 5850 (total yardage 250 yards)
The result: Love. I’ve been wanting a cowl for a very long time, and this one is everything I ever wanted.