You might recall this little item that I posted about last week:
Well, I know I don’t have any spare change lying around to purchase it. So, inspired by the work of downstairsDesigns, I decided to sew my own paper organizer!
Here is a photo of my version:
For mine, I used a combination of medium-weight linen (in natural) and quilting weight cotton. I didn’t make a tutorial, given that my design is largely based on another’s, but it was a fairly straightforward and quick project (except for the moment when I sewed the lining onto the *outside* of the clutch…that was none too clever).
Overall, I’m super pleased with how this turned out. I even was able to use a vintage embroidery lace bird that I’d had forever in its outer design. I’ve received tons of compliments at school, where I’m using this to hold all things thesis-related. On a related note, I feel completely motivated to work on it now that I have this gorgeous organizer to fit it all in!